Thursday, July 9, 2015

Charlotte's Dream


My husband and I welcomed a healthy, beautiful baby girl two months ago. This image kept popping in my head and I wanted to draw this.
My daughter is wearing a dress, a cashmere sweater, and standing next to a John Deere tractor. A rather strange imagery, one would say. My interpretation is as follows:
It is my dreams that she can enjoy the finer things in life, symbolized by the cashmere sweater/pretty dress. But she is also not afraid to roll up her sleeves and handle a manly equipment (the tractor). The tractor symbolizes the realities of life – the hard work, dedication, and perseverance required to make it far. The vast farmland symbolizes my desire to raise my children in a big, safe open space where they can run and explore. Most people would associate the thunderstorm with scary, negative feelings. For me, it is quite the opposite. I find thunderstorms to be soothing, relaxing, and the perfect time to curl up inside a house with a good book. I want our daughter to know that she can retreat into the safety of her home and her family whenever she needs to.

No comments:

Post a Comment